Enrich and Aspire Programme
Students take part in the Enrich and Aspire programme as part of their learning at the Academy.
Students are selected based on their high achievement at the end of Year 6 and their potential for progression to Russell Group Universities – essentially the most competitive universities in the country. The Enrich and Aspire programme follows on from the success of the HE+ (Higher Education Plus) programme that we have developed over the last few years with Homerton College, Cambridge for our Year 12 and Year 13 highest achieving students.
In developing the HE+ programme we have gained a valuable insight and great understanding of the super-curricular learning habits that Oxbridge and other Russell Group Universities demand of students. Students who are able to demonstrate these learning habits have a greater likelihood of being offered a place over other candidates with equally very high achievement at both GCSE and A level.
Aim of the Programme
For our highest achieving students in Key Stage 3 to establish an even greater sense of informed enthusiasm and commitment towards their learning.
Students should become competent and confident in using what they already know to engage with learning in new and unfamiliar contexts. Being confident includes having the self-assurance to take time to think about answering questions and solving problems.
- Bespoke, small group workshops.
- Students work towards a project, following the concept of the Extended Project Qualification at KS5, on a topic or interest of their choice.
- Showcase Event where students present their projects to a range of stakeholders, including parents/carers, staff and Governors.
Benefits For Students
- Learn beyond the curriculum.
- Develop academic flexibility.
- Develop essential super-curricular habits for learning earlier.
- Develop informed enthusiasm.
- Better preparation to achieve the highest grades when transitioning to GCSE and A-level.
- Become Russell Group University / Oxbridge-ready.