Year 9 Options 2022
Key Stage 4 Options 2022
Recently, you have taken part in some decision-making exercises through Life Skills lessons, in your normal subject lessons and through the online Year 9 Options Presentation (a video can be seen below) run by Mr Taylor, Mr Bradford and Mr Rose. You will have been given information about the subjects available for study as you start to focus your learning in Years 10 and 11. Do not worry if you feel that you cannot take this all in at once or if there is something you do not understand, you will have many opportunities to clarify anything you need to. There are lots of ways to make sense of all the information – by asking your teachers and tutors, by speaking to Mr Rose or Mr Bradford and by reading the Options booklet, watching the subject videos, as well as talking it over with your family and friends.
When selecting your subjects, please bear in mind the following:
· Choose subjects that you like or think you would enjoy. These will usually be the subjects in which you get the best results.
· There are no easy subjects! You may find them easy because you enjoy them and have a talent in that area but there are no easy options at KS4 and all will require hard work.
· Make sure you are clear about what subject content will be covered on the course and how it will be assessed. This information can be found in this Options Booklet.
· Do not choose a subject just because your friend has. Your interests and abilities will not necessarily be the same and there is no guarantee that you will be placed in the same class.
· Do not choose a subject because of your like or dislike of a particular teacher. There is no certainty as to which teachers you will have in any year group for any subject.
· Discuss your choices with your parents/carers, as well as your teachers, and if you have any questions/problems, seek advice in school or from the Options Booklet.
· Once you have chosen a subject, you have made a commitment to follow the course over the next two years and you will not be able to change (except under the most exceptional circumstances).