The situation nationally is becoming increasingly serious. Social distancing and protecting the NHS and key workers has placed teachers and schools in the front line.
The situation nationally is becoming increasingly serious. Social distancing and protecting the NHS and key workers has placed teachers and schools in the front line. Few people will come into contact with others in the same way teachers and support staff will. If we close our doors, our health service and other critical services will quickly become over-stretched.
However, we need to take emergency steps to reduce the spread of the virus. We need as many people as possible to avoid sending their children into school. This will protect children and staff. NHS staff, emergency service staff, and key workers, we are proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with you and will welcome your children into our schools, providing meals, education, entertainment and support.
To other parents, please support us and follow the Government guidance around key workers.
NOTE - The message clearly states that every child who can be safely cared for at home should be. Parents should do everything they can to ensure that their children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus.
Examples of key workers include:
• NHS staff.
• Fire service, Social care, Police, care homes, etc.
• Supermarkets, Food warehouses or transport for food.
• Farm workers, vets, etc.
• Delivery staff, postal workers, pharmacy staff.
• Utility staff electric, gas, water.
NOTE – Even those above may be able to look after their children if their shift patterns allow or their partners work from home or is not a key worker.
Examples of non-key workers:
• McDonalds, Costa takeaway, Greggs, etc. – Not key workers. Takeaways are not essential, especially when we are asking as many people to stay home as possible.
• Retail, not related to food – Not a key worker.
• Builders, construction workers – Not key workers unless directly working in critical areas above (building hospitals, repairing railways, etc).
NOTE - We may be asking for confirmation from your employer that you are a key worker and possibly shift rota evidence. Also, we may be asking about partners or others in the home.
Please understand, this is emergency support. If we want to maintain this and reduce the spread of Covid-19, we need your help.
Teachers and staff are worried. They don’t have protective masks etc. so if you, your child, or others in your house are ill – stay at home. Isolate and follow medical advice. Do not under any circumstances send your child to school.