Mind mapping is good because it uses more than one learning style. Our brain is divided into several ‘intelligences’ (i.e. ways of learning) and the more of these we use the more we learn, remember and recall.
- Mirrors how the brain works in forming links.
- Stimulates the right (pictures) and left (words) side of the brain.
- Uses several intelligences.
- Saves time - you only record key words.
- Links things together to make it easier to remember.
- Easy to review.
- Useful for revision.
- Easy to see, easy to produce and easy to read too.
Download the document below to find out how to make a good mind map.