- Must always be reasonable and tidy, bright colours as a result of dye or spray, marked contrast in hair length or colour are not acceptable; neither are extreme styles such as close shaves (e.g. Mohican styles or lines/patterns).
- Long hair should be tied back in any practical situations, such as Physical Education, Dance, Drama, Science and Technology or at the discretion of staff. A small, plain black hair slide, band, clip or ‘bobble ‘is acceptable, but any other ‘hair ornament’ is not permitted.
- The only item of jewellery permitted is a watch. This item must be removed for practical activities.
- No jewellery permitted including earrings, spacer piercing retainers or tongue piercings.
- Any other items will be confiscated immediately and parents/carers must collect them from reception between 7:45am and 4:15pm Monday to Thursday or 7.45am to 3.30pm on a Friday.
- Make-up should not be noticeable and should always be light, natural looking and discreet. Dark highlighted eyebrows, bright coloured lipstick, dark foundation, highlighter, fake tan, painted nails, nail extensions, gel nails or false eyelashes are not allowed to be worn under any circumstances.
Clothing inside the Academy:
- Only the Academy uniform is allowed to be worn inside the building.
- Shirts must be tucked in and buttoned to the top at all times. Open neck shirts are not acceptable.
- Ties should be worn at all times.
- Coats/hoodies should be removed on entry to the Academy.
- Sleeves on blazers, shirts, Physical Education kit and trouser legs, should not be rolled up at any time unless permission is given by a member of staff.
- No items other than the Conduct Card are allowed to be carried in blazer pockets during lesson time.
- Any digital or electronic device that can be used for games, photography, music or recording images are brought at owner’s risk and should be kept in the students’ bag. They should NOT be seen or heard on Academy premises at any time.
- No mobile phone or electronic devices should be visible, switched on or used during the Academy day. If it is seen it will be confiscated and only returned to a parent/carer.
Basic Equipment check list for each lesson:
- 1 Black, Red and Green pen
- 2 Pencils
- Scientific Calculator
- Clear pencil case