Leader of CEIAG:
Mr M Bradford | email@example.com | 01709 812864
Governor with responsibility for CEIAG:
Independent Careers Advisor:
Gaby Spinks | Qualified L7 Career Advisor from accredited organisation Progress Careers (progress-education.org.uk). Students will be able to speak to Gaby Spinks for individual impartial advice about choices at 16+ and 18+. She is in school every Wednesday and Thursday.
Information for Teachers
What are the Gatsby Benchmarks?
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a framework of 8 guidelines that define the best careers provision in secondary schools.
1. A stable careers programme.
2. Learning from labour market information.
3. Addressing the needs of every pupil.
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers.
5. Encounters with employers and employees.
6. Experiences of workplaces.
7. Encounters with further and higher education.
8. Personal guidance.
Why are they Important?
The Gatsby Benchmarks have a key role in:
• Raising young people’s aspirations and promoting access to all career pathways;
• Enabling all young people to develop the skills and outlook they need to achieve career wellbeing, including adaptability and resilience;
• Underpinning the Department for Education guidance to schools on meeting their statutory responsibility for careers guidance.
Important Websites: Start Profile
Start is a comprehensive digital platform which allows schools and colleges to simplify and improve careers guidance. The platform caters for all students helping them to make more informed decisions about future study and career options at the right time and in good time.
As a subject teacher, you can show students careers pathways or set research projects on different curriculum areas and embed courses linked to certain careers in to your curriculum.
Click here for Start.
Success at Schools
Departments have received a department resource pack including subject guides and posters. Each subject guide includes how your subject prepares students for work; reasons to choose your subject; case studies on job roles and business profiles; routes into different sectors including apprenticeships and university applications.