Click on the links below for curriculum information on each subject including 39 week plans, curriculum intent and curriculum sequencing grids.
39 Week Plans
At Maltby Academy all departments plan the learning over a 39 week academic year. A 39 week plan highlights the break down of the topics being taught in that subject over the course of the academic year. Furthermore, a 39 week plan highlights where assessment of learning is taking place, these are highlighted as SPA (strength, problem, action) assessments. Finally, the 39 week plans highlight sections of the academic year that are dedicated to CTG (Closing The Gap) activities. These are frequently conducted near SPA assessments so that students are able to refine and develop their gaps in skills, knowledge and/or understanding.
Curriculum Sequencing Grids
Maltby Academy is dedicated to ensuring that the curriculum is logically structure and coherently planned to:
- Build on previously acquired learning and key retainable knowledge,
- Promote subject specific vocabulary,
- Enhance literacy and oracy through extended reading opportunities,
- Develop cultural capital through exposure to the essential knowledge and skills of educated citizens.
- Facilitate links to other subjects to enhance the learning across the entire curriculum,
Each curriculum area provides curriculum sequencing grids to highlight the above across all year groups.